ENDEAVOURS directly or incidentally benefitting the lives and safety of cetaceans
INDIGENOUS GROUPS whose cultures are based on relationship with cetaceans
ADVANCING RECOGNITION and appreciation of cetaceans, their culture, and the role they play in the history and development of mankind
FOSTERING UNDERSTANDING of the health of the oceans, environment and associated human/cetacean issues
The Foundation will assist programs driven by indigenous peoples, with a view to expanding and protecting the whale and dolphin ‘dreaming’ heritage that has been so depleted over the past 200 years. Wherever possible, the Foundation will seek to empower indigenous groups who are striving to maintain the traditions underpinning the fabric of their lives. An important aim of the Foundation is to challenge existing preconceptions about the reality of cetacean consciousness. Living in complex communities, cetaceans experience emotions and are sentient and sapient beings. Indigenous communities, whose relationship with whales and dolphins is central to their lives and their history, understand instinctively that whales can transfer information from one group mind to another and as difficult as it may be to absorb, relay wisdom to us.
If we lose the wisdom of the whale and dolphin dreaming heritage, we will have lost our lineage and our ancestry. Wisdom and knowledge are gained over thousands of years, they are a sediment that builds and we are at risk of letting this be erased from memory. It provides the key to living with and from nature. We lose cetaceans through killing, poisoning, plastic ingestion, sonar….. we lose our oceans.Then we ourselves are lost.
Mirthquake Foundation has Charitable status in the UK and seeks funding for a series of educational, cultural, environmental and entertainment events to raise awareness about the central role of cetaceans have played in the history of Man.
Mirthquake seeks to fund initiatives in the following areas:
- Work focusing on creative, cultural and environmental initiatives, with emphasis on indigenous peoples’ current and historical connection with native species – notably cetaceans.
- To reveal and publish the profound and ancient relationship between man and cetaceans, and the role of this relationship in revitalising and restoring our fractured harmony with nature
- Endeavours directly or incidentally benefiting the lives and safety of cetaceans
- Support indigenous groups whose cultures are historically based and dependent on relationships with cetaceans
- Initiate educational and entertainment projects which bring further understanding and knowledge of cetaceans
- Improve public awareness of the issues involved in the health of the oceans, environment and associated human issues
- Support other registered charities or individuals that promote the welfare of cetaceans.
Mirthquake Foundation supports the Sustainable Development Goals.